Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Take a deep breath

Take a walk with me for a moment.  Down this long country road.  Clear your mind and take a deep breath, pulling in the clean crisp country air.
Don't think about anything except the wind whistling in your ear and the smell of fresh cut grass.  Nothing else but the sound of the lawn mower and the car horn and your children arguing over the remote and the..wait hold on...is that the door bell?

Are your peaceful moments that fleeting too?  Every time I try to take a moment and just relax and clear my mind it automatically starts filling up with 'stuff'.

I was behind someone in the food store the other day and my thought process went pretty much like this:
I smell fabric softener..I think the woman in front of me must have just put her clothes on from the laundry...wonder which softener that is, smells good...love a good smelling fabric softener...oh laundry!  I never did get that load on this morning!  I have to get the soccer socks washed for practice tonight because it's Tuesday and..OH!  TUESDAY!  I never reminded my daughter to talk to her teacher...wonder if she'll remember to turn in her paper...PAPER...my son needs another package of paper...but now I'm in line and the man behind me doesn't look like he'll be too happy if I jump out of line with a promise that I'll be quick.  Is that my cell phone vibrating in my purse?  Ugh..missed the call...no it was a text...my son..needs to be picked up NOW...ewww..whats THAT smell now?
.....'said man' has horrible BO...hurry cashier hurry I can't take much more of this...maybe if I just hold my breath...

I'm not always sure how to quiet down this mind of mine.  It  seems to be going a million miles an hour...in ten different directions these days.  Maybe it's the start of school....a new schedule....a different pace.  
Could it be that we just try to jam way to much into these precious lives of ours?
That could be for sure.  I have to say there are days that I looove to look at the calendar in the kitchen and see an empty box!  Nothing to get done or to go to!

Here's to taking some time today....right now...to clear your mind, clear your calendar and just breath.
hear that?  Quiet...calm...peace..a whole lot of....wait...hold on....ok...no more bloggy time for me...gotta drive my son somewhere.....
OH...and that laundry that I finally did....I think it's still in the laundry room folded.
Nope..didn't even fold it.
But...hey ...whats that great smell? 
ah...fabric softener!


Have a great day!

Patti





2 comments:

Richella Parham said...

Oh, my word. A stream-of-consciousness sister!! Isn't it amazing? We have to really be intentional about quietness and calm, don't we??

Thanks so much for joining Grace at Home!

Logan W said...

Thanks great postt