(this is not my home..just the most perfect picture I could find to capture my point..hmmm, what does it mean that I couldn't find a picture of my home that captured a vision of neat perfection? lol)
Did ya ever look around your house in a moment of utter chaos and say...'If they could only see me now'!
By 'they' I mean.....other woman..moms...blog friends....
The day you answer yourself by saying...'See me now? Their dealing with their own level of chaos too right now!'........will be your day of liberation! Because it's true! There's no such thing as that perfectly balanced life...or the perfectly orchestrated meal........and don't even get me started on the kids dressed to perfection ya'll! Did I just say ya'll??? lol....I'm a northerner...but sometimes ya just gotta say ya'll!
Anyway...now that I am
I saw a blog the other day and the woman took a before and after picture. This wasn't about decorating....this was before...when her home was all clean and nice(with no one home)...and after(everyone home..in the thick of it living life) Pizza boxes on the counter...toys on the floor....you know what I'm saying.
Now....with all that said..I have to tell you...I'm not a neat 'freak'....but I'm a 'place for everything...everything in its place' kinda person. But this doesnt mean all the time...and most days most things don't make it back to their place (not exactly my doing...but thats another blog..for another day..lol)....but life is life...and it must be lived....and all the imperfections and detours are what make it interesting...sometimes chaotic...but interesting to say the least.
So cherish the woman who is authentically transparent. You'll know her when you see her....hair a little frazzled....kids running a muck...mini van with crayon smooched to the seats. Give her a hug....cause she's the real hero!!! =)





9 comments:
Cute blog! I am a new follower from Friday Blog Hops.
I just wrote my own blog today about managing time and how I need more of it so I can appreciate what you are saying!
Have a great Friday!
-Tammy
http://dontblink-tammy.blogspot.com/
I am a new follower. I hope you will follow me too.
Nancy
www.findingblessingsineverydaylife.blogspot.com
Hi Patti,
I love reading your post anytime I get a chance. You should write a book.
Im working on starting my blog, and as for now I have no patience to self-teach on how to start the display; specially when Im suposed to be working in other in things a tthe moment =D
Take care!!
Following you from "Friend Finding Fridays” Love all your pictures!
Hi Patti! Very nice blog and great photos! You do all look so happy! I am your new follower! Hope you will visit us in return at:
Just Married with Coupons
We have a blog hop every Saturday if you would like to join us, the link list opens in a few hours!
Happy Friday!
Hey Patti! Have been reading your blog and I love your pictures and personal insights. I am now following you and I invite you to follow me.
God bless---have a great weekend!
You have NO IDEA how timely this post was for me! I struggle with this daily....I look around at a house that WAS clean an hour ago BEFORE the after school rush and wonder.. "do the other moms homes look this bad?"
Thank you for the reminder that I am not alone in this....God Bless!
Julie@oatmealonthewall.blogspot.com
New follower from Follow Me Friday! :)
http://jensgiveaways.blogspot.com/
Before we had Lily 3 years ago, my husband was reading a dad's guide to parenting - can't remember the book but it was actually entertaining and helpful...AND written by a man! One of the things I remember most from the book was "if you like the way your house looks, take a picture of it now before you leave for the hospital because it will never look like this again." Isn't that the truth! I am rather somewhat of a neat freak and but boy has that changed :) And I most certainly believe in outsourcing! Since we both work full time, our wonderful, treasured Miss Silvia comes every two weeks...and she has saved our marriage - no more fights about dirty toilets! Happy weekend!
Post a Comment