Inspiration Pie Recipe:
1 cup of ideas
2 tsp. encouragement
1 stick example
4 tbs. research
Did you ever begin to make a recipe, but as you're mixing all the ingredients together it just doesn't look right?
"Combine until ingredients turn into a smooth mixture"
But all you have is a lumpy, stick mess.
What happened?
You go back over the ingredients and realize you left one of the important one's out!
Could you have made whatever it was without the important ingredient...well..maybe.
Would it have tasted good or looked remotely right?
Probably not.
I often do this with life. I leave out a very important ingredient at times and wonder why my 'recipes'...aka 'Life' isn't tasting so good.
When I incorporate that ingredient back in...well...
Life is Sweet!
Whats the ingredient?
It's simple. It's like that simple..yet important item you failed to pick up at the grocery store.
It was right there! Isle 2...and they had tons more. In fact the store never really 'runs out'of this particular item.
So the recipe didn't come out bad because there wasn't anymore or this ingredient is hard to find. It simply came out bad because you 'forgot' it.
2 cups prayer
I find that with life too. I have inspiration, encouragement, examples. I do my research on a particular situation or topic and then I try to 'bake it' (make it happen)...and I wonder why it didn't come out so good.
Prayer.
It was missing.
Maybe I did the quick..'God..please help me with this situation, problem ..etc.'
But I didn't sit with HIM
Didn't wait for an answer
Didn't 'mix' it all up in my bowl.
You know that we can also have all the ingredients....but if we don't 'take the time' to mix them all up before we stick the recipe in the oven...it will still come out horrible.
Prayer.
Major ingredient of life. I learn this lesson over and over.
Can't leave it out.
Can't just dump it in the bowl
But I do sometimes leave it out...or rush through it.
Have to stop.. sit with it, mix it and wait until the mixture is ready to stick in the oven.
I'm sharing this because I think we all get caught up in life a bit. We run from task to task, idea to idea and forget to take the time we need with Him.
Did you ever make a recipe for years that was...'good'...but one day someone says..."OH..my grandmother makes that but she adds 'THIS'."...and you add that item and suddenly your 'good' recipe becomes GREAT!
YUM! I"LL HAVE SOME MORE!
Prayers been that ingredient in my life. It's that ingredient that never runs out, is always there. Plenty to go around, but if you leave it out you'll notice it's gone.
Just wanted to share that since I realized I need to mix my bowl a little longer.
Oh....the best part is theres no calories!!!!
Happy Baking!
Patti
9 comments:
Great post!! Following you back!
Awesome post! Very pretty blog too. Have a lovely Saturday.
love this post, Patti! And, your header is just beautiful....so inspiring...the colors are wonderful!
This is an awesome post! I read over it tiwce. :) A recipe and life is a great analogy.
Your right; it's not always easy or convientient to sit down and pray, but it sure is worth it!
Wow! I am finding some amazing blogs today, and yours is one, too! Will be following you via GFC and bloglovin' which is what I really check (found you at the Weekend Wander). I'd love it if you could give me a followback at DroppedStitches. Have a great day!
I LOVE this post! It is just what I needed today and it speaks to me. Thank you! I found you on For the Love of Blogs comment love hop.
hello friend! nice post, although it made me hungry for dessert! :) hope you are having a fabulous sunday!
I love this post. It's so inspirational!. I will be bookmarking this for future reading.
What a pretty, inspirational post! Love your blog header too!
I hopped over from FTLOB! Hope you have a wonderful weekend :)
http://missblondiexoxo.blogspot.com
Post a Comment