Pages

Friday, January 9, 2015

Relentlessly

Did you ever get a word stuck in your head that you couldn't get out?  It sort of incessantly takes over your mind to where you find yourself quietly saying it over and over.  It becomes almost lyrical...poetic.

My word today has been 'relentless'.  Ironically it has 'relentlessly' consumed my mind.  It's not the word alone though, that has consumed my thoughts.  It's the context at which I've been thinking about it.

Gods relentlessness.  His constant, unending, persisting and unabating pursuit of us.
  Of me.
 Of you.




 It becomes exhausting to even think about.  I have to work at making my pursuit of Him at least somewhat consistent...yet He pursues you and I continually, nonstop, never-ending, incessantly, unceasingly, endlessly, unremittingly.


For the LORD is good. His unfailing love continues forever, and his faithfulness continues to each generation.
Psalm 100:5

I take great comfort in his pursuit, because I sometimes become tired and inconsistent in my pursuit of Him. Overcome by the world around me and the distractions that persist.  The loudness that overshadows his gentle whispers.  It is in His relentlessness that we can rest.  He knows we don't have unending strength and endurance.  Only He does.  So when we stumble...when we fall and think we've lost our way, think we've lost too much ground to ever 'catch up' to Him... we have only just to be still.  He has been pursuing us all along.......relentlessly.

"Be still, and know that I am God
-Psalm 46

Linking up with 
Still Saturdays

1 comment:

Mary Dolan Flaherty said...

Patti, I get it. Sometimes I feel like I'm a "bad Christian" and setting "a bad example" for my readers/followers if I don't constantly pursue, but there are days, hours, moments when I'm just tired and have nothing to give to the pursuit. Isn't it wonderful that God pursues us anyway?! Great post. Thanks for the encouragement. your neighbor over at Still Saturday.