The final product of my pillow adventure.
No sew pillows...gotta love it.
This morning I am preparing canvas to make into pillow covers that I'm going to paint with words.
I love words.
I love pillows.
I saw this idea on some wonderful blog late one night. The problem is, I don't remember who's blog I read that had the whole 'how to' going on.
I had plans of making a link to her fabulous idea!
What I loved most about this pillow project is that there is no sewing! Instead of sewing you use seem glue. I am very in love with that idea since I don't like to sew.
Measure, cut, iron, paint, glue
Slip your pillow in and Whala! You have a beautiful pillow cover!!
One thing I dislike second to sewing is ironing (which this project involves)
But....I seriously can not complain.
This is me NOT sewing!
My much adored stencils.
There are a few things I would do differently next time...
but I'm my own worst critic!
I'm happy with them. They add more personality then the pillows that were there before.
Let me tell you also...that the seem glue...is strong! I was a little unsure how they would survive me pushing the pillows into them. No problems at all.
The next test is to see if they survive my children!
I'll keep you posted on that!
I will surely do this again....maybe even with some other kinds of material.
Try it out....it's a simple way to freshen up a room!
Happy Sunday!
Patti

3 comments:
Hey Patti! I love your pillows, they are true to form with your blog and simplicity and that is beautiful:) So thankful for your comments on my blog, looking forward to getting to know you better!
these are so beautiful :) i absolutely love them ♥ i have to think about making something like this for our home!
i love the feel of your blog. much different than a lot that i have visited before :) so clean and fresh...i love it!
i hope you have a beautiful day girlie! so lovely to meet you xoxo
and yay :) you're a FTLOB member! we're so happy to have you :) xoxo
Post a Comment