Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Eggs and bacon earings

My daughter picking out her first collection of earrings after getting her ears pierced. 
 So exciting.  
I didn't have my ears pierced until I was sixteen...so I was a little unsure of when would be an ok time to do this.  My daughter is eleven.  
One of those parent moments we have where we just aren't sure what to do.  16?.....11?   13....35?
Part of me thought I'd be taking her another step away from 'little girl-ness' by letting her pierce her ears.  Worried that maybe it would make her grow up even faster then she already is! 
 Maybe 13 would be better.  
All of these thoughts ran through my head as we drove to the mall.  The feeling that I just pressed some kind of fast forward button in my daughters life......
until she saw them....and pointed them out to me with enthusiasm and smiles!

Eggs and bacon earrings....milk and cookie earrings....the cutest little frog earrings you would ever want to see.  Smiley faces! She loved them.  It made me smile.  
She is very much still a little girl.  No earrings were going to change that. 
*sigh*
As we walked out of the store and she reached for my hand another big smile covered my face.  
A prayer.......
'Don't let it go too fast Lord....I really, really love this time......thank you for it!'

Patti...aka 'mommy'



4 comments:

Carol E Wyer said...

Oh Patti that is so sweet. On a scarier note my mother pierced my ears for me one night with a pin and several glasses of wine (her not me):)

Carol E Wyer said...

I was trying to work out how to send you my email without everyone reading the address. If you message me on facebook either at my personal page (carol wyer) or click on the facing 50 with humour page from my blog and send me a message from it I'll send it to you.

Between You and Me said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet girl!

Erin Ward said...

Oh my goodness. Those food earrings are so stinking cute! I kind of wish I could wear them.