Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Treasure Hunting

Today I went 'Treasure Hunting' with my husband.
Thats what we call it when we go to a garage sale or thrift shop.
You never know what you'll find!
Today was a beautiful day so we walked around a community garage sale.
I went with zero expectations and came home with lots of treasures.
Those plates and platters above matched my plates perfectly.
25cents a plate!
That ladder back chair was only $3 (I think I want to paint that)
That little red box I painted white today.......you'll see the after pictures in a few days.
The pitcher went to a sweet friend who collects pitchers.

After our successful morning gathering all our treasures my husband took me out to lunch at one of our favorite places.
They have Greek food...and some of the best Gyro's I've ever had!
I hope you enjoyed your day too!
Happy Treasure Hunting!

Patti 



3 comments:

Michele said...

Today I went treasure hunting with my hubby, too.
I didn't have as much luck as you did with those great finds. My hubby found something for our camper he had been looking for & that was our treasure of the day...I dabble a bit in eBay, so I did find some resale stuff, I hope.
Here from the Sunday Hop.
Come visit sometime at
www.musings-by-michele.com

Thanks

Michele said...

Patti I saw your comment about coupons...its work, but worth it in the end. You are definitely a bargain shopper, so I know you would be good at it. There are so many blogs out there that give you the sales of specific stores then tell you the coupons to use & even where to find the coupons. I don't use alot of food coupons, because most of its for processed stuff, but I take advantage of the paper goods, toiletries & cleaning supplies as much as I can. Every little bit helps. Have a great weekend. Michele

Jan Messali said...

Hi! I'm a new follower from Say Hi Sunday. :) I love treasure hunting too, but I'm afraid I can't get my husband interested. What a bargain on those plates, and I LOVE the pitcher. Great job!
Jan http://www.jewelry4change.blogspot.com